- Precision placement to within +/-5Ám of component design
- Highly durable metal tools for repeated use
- Establishes standards for effective placement accuracy
- Validates long-term accuracy of pick and place machines
- Matt underside for rapid camera recognition
- Component fiducial marks incorporated
Tecan manufactures a range of highly accurate and durable component footprints used to verify the placement accuracy of complex component pick and place machines, improving production yields and reducing rework.
Placement, critical to the SMT process, is reliant on the accuracy of the pick and place machine to ensure alignment of the components with the PCB land patterns. Calibration using dummy components can be expensive and is prone to error, as the leads may distort - even after one placement.
Tecan provides hardwearing, accurate footprints, electroformed in nickel with tolerances of ± 5µ (0.0002") and with total dimensional integrity, co-planarity and pitch accuracy. These footprints have been designed for repeated use to ensure ongoing placement accuracy.
Available formats include all component types, from fine pitch QFPs, PLCCs, BGA plates to discrete components.
Contact us now to discuss your requirements or talk to one of our technical advisers who are online now to answer any questions you may have - simply click on the live help icon.